i am obsessed with asian tacos. kogi. calbi. really doesn't matter. last night, i decided to make my own. i don't like dry food and chicken, though not the specific one that i used, has a tendency to be dry. therefore, i whipped up a spread with a few basic ingredients that made the tacos taste pretty damn good.
8 corn/wheat 6" tortillas
1.5 cups shredded cabbage
1 bag of trader joes teriyaki marinated chicken breast (or 3 teriyaki chicken breasts)
5 cloves of garlic
1/2 cup diced onions
2 T of sriracha
2.5 cups of shelled and ready-to-eat edamame
salt/pepper to taste
1/2 lime juice
1. preheat oven to 375 degrees. leave chicken breast to thaw if they are frozen.
2. in a food processor (or blender) throw in all ingredients for spread. blend until smooth. it's ok if there are a few chunks.
3. place chicken breast in oven and bake for about 15-18 minutes.
4. in a pan, toast the corn tortillas until golden brown. make sure to pop air pockets in tortillas.
5. spread a heaping tablespoon of spread onto one side of the tortilla and place a pinch of cabbage on the other.
6. take chicken out and let cool for 3-5 minutes. then, cut chicken into cubes and use a spoon to lightly mash the chicken until it is slightly shredded.
7. scoop chicken as desired into taco shells. garnish platter with lime wedges.